Thursday, May 29, 2014

New fan selfie from Wednesday & quotes from a 2012 interview

Just met and had a little chat with the beaut that is Eddie Redmayne in a restaurant in Chelsea.
Eddie Redmayne's back dining in his old hood, posing for a selfie with a lovely fan.
Eddie was born and raised in Chelsea and although he lives in Borough now, he often shows up around here.

Quotes from the interview:
RED ALERT - From Borough to Broadway. And back.
EDDIE REDMAYNE INTERVIEW - MARCH 30, 2012 ANTHONYPEARCE1986
Interview with British star Eddie Redmayne in the run up to the release of My Week with Marilyn, 
cover feature in Living South magazine 2012 February Issue. 

...“I’m not aggressively ambition. The criteria for accepting work is just whether or not it appeals to me. Whatever medium that is. Whether it’s on stage or television or film is of no consequence really.
“And I don’t sit there think ‘Oh God, I wish I had that career’. I remember working with Alfred Molina, when we did ‘Red’ and I remember him saying ‘A career is something you look back on, rather than project’. I feel you take it step by step, pace by pace,” he adds....

...He was born and raised in Chelsea, but has since moved across London to Borough – a place he enthuses over without being prompted.
“I’ve lived [in Borough] for about four years. I have various favourite things… The market obviously, all of that Southbank area, right from where the National [Theatre] is, all the way down to Shad Thames. The last ten to 15 years, it has become European” he says, “in the most wonderfully, uniquely British way. There’s the celebration of the river… and I love the Design Museum in Shad Thames.
“I studied my first ever play there. It wasn’t at the Globe Theatre, but it was with the Globe Theatre company. We rehearsed there. That place has always got special value. And you can always nip across the river to St Pauls for evensong. You try and abuse those things, that London has and gives willingly but doesn’t advertise.”.....

...“I gave away my pub in an interview last time,” he laughs. “I think might keep it to myself!”
So, has it come to that? Being hounded in the streets and at bars by fans? “[People recognise me] sporadically,” he says. “More in the States than they do here. But it tends to be more ‘Do I know…?’ rather than ‘You’re the guy from…’ It’s where you’ve sort of battered your way into someone’s subconscious but they think you’re a friend from back at primary school.”

Eddie related pages from the Living South magazine 2012 Feb. (from the PDF available here.):
 For full size click on the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation